Monday, March 9, 2009

Bad service: Cabby driver off with her bag

Bad service: Cabby driver off with her bag

From reader Chitra Kumar

I HIRED a Trans-Cab taxi on 28 Feb in the evening from McNair Road, near Balestier, to Far East Plaza.

Upon arriving at my destination, I realised I had only $8 with me and the fare was about $9.55. I asked the cab driver to wait at the side so that I could go to the nearest DBS ATM at Far East Plaza on Level 1.

He then raised his voice at me saying how I should have told him earlier and not upon reaching the destination as he cannot wait at the zigzag line.

I told him to either accept the $8 or wait for a moment while I withdrew the money. I kept my shopping bag, as an object of trust, in the cab.

He yelled at me again: 'Of course, money lah, I want money.'

Unfortunately, there was a long queue at the ATM, and I had no choice but to join the queue.

However, in the rush I forgot to note down his licence plate number.

I know it's illegal to stop at the zigzag line, but the driver could have exited Far East Plaza and come back seeking the full fare, as I was prepared to pay whatever the fare was. I even told him to keep the meter running.

When I returned about 30 minutes later, the cab was gone. I then called Trans-Cab informing it about the incident and asked for a message to be broadcast for the errant cabby to return my shopping bag.

I also requested the customer service staff to inform me on updates, but none called. I had to call three times and was told each time that there wasn't any response, and that it could have easier if I had noted the licence number plate.

Finally, I received a call from Trans-Cab at about 10.40pm the same day informing me that the driver had left my shopping bag at the Neighbourhood Police Centre at Tampines Ave 4. I was told to pick up my belongings on my own.

While I demanded that my shopping bag be sent to me because I was not in the wrong, I understand that only the rightful owner can pick up the belongings from the police station.

The cabby's behaviour was totally unjustified.

I was also disappointed with the attitude of the customer service staff at Trans-Cab.

This is the third time that I am experiencing such behaviour by Trans-Cab cabbies.

I e-mailed the cab company twice, but have yet to receive a response.


well 1st off, the driver's attitude was pretty bad lor

2nd, then again it's onli 1.55bucks, y not juz let it go lor... 

3rd WHO THE FARK WILL WAIT FOR U FOR 30MINS !! 30mins he can go pick up other customers n earn money lor, should be grateful tt he didnt throw her stuff away

4th wonder which brain she used tt told her she's not at fault, from wat i see,  both sides also at fault , even if u told the cab to keep the meter running, u made someone whois earnings depends on time to wait for 1/2 a freaking hr, n u didnt even bother to go inform him of the long queue

like wat pck always say...USE UR BRAIN USE UR BRAIN !!



No comments:

Post a Comment