Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Charged for calls, but SIM card was not even unwrapped




By The AsiaOne Techbot

One wouldn't expect STOMP reader Joe (not his real name) to be upset when he saw charges for SIM card use and mobile services in his latest phone bill.

The catch is, the SingTel customer had yet to use his phone, and his SIM card was not even taken out from its wrapper.

Writing to the citizen journalism website, Joe, who sent by the username xxxunseenxxx, said that the charges were found in his September phone bill.

He had subscribed to a new SingTel mobile phone line in early August, but due to various reasons, had never got around to using the SIM card.

According to pictures provided by Joe, the bill showed that he was charged for five minutes of outgoing local calls, and was subscribed to two ColourMe Tone services.

Joe was sure he never incurred any charges on his mobile phone line.

He told STOMP, "That's because the SIM card wasn't even detached from the original plastic sheet, nor taken out of the original plastic wrapper, nor put into a phone."

Calls to the telco's customer service hotline to dispute the charges were too, an unpleasant experience, according to Joe.

"Calling Singtel's line to dispute the charges, the CSO just blamed me for using my line without bothering to check up any facts. I was also told to call back because it's not their problem, I had to go settle with the billing department myself.

"I think Singtel has gone too far.

"I'm getting charges for phone calls I never made, for services I never signed up for, nor ever had a chance to opt out from.

"I think everyone needs to be more wary of what Singtel is putting into their bills."

Source:
AsiaOne
Posted by JAson1980 @ HWZ

For ur info, tt's not me -_-"

No comments:

Post a Comment