Friday, November 20, 2009

Why couldn't I take empty seat?

Letter from Kartik Jayaraman 05:55 AM Nov 20, 2009
On Wednesday, I boarded one of the new SMRT buses. When a passenger vacated a seat and I was about to occupy it, the woman next to it objected, saying she could not "allow" me to sit next to her as I am a male and my body would "touch" her.

I would have appreciated that if she had made a request but she said she could not "allow" me, even adding that in my culture I would not allow that to happen. How could she assume what my culture is? I do realise that the two seater seats in these new buses are narrow. But if she would have been polite, it would have made sense.

I asked her why not she just stand instead, and she made a ruckus, saying that she is a woman. When I tried to reason with her, a man behind asked me to not "disturb the lady".

The bus captain stopped the bus and asked for the matter to be finished, and he looked at me. This is the first time I have been refused the right to sit in an empty seat!

Source: TODAYonline

Posted by vasilli07 @ HWZ

Seriously.. wat the hell is wrong with ppl this days?

to the stupid lady, i can onli say this...

No comments:

Post a Comment